There’s a lot to consider when purchasing monthly parking, from amenities to when you’ll actually need to park your car. Milwaukee monthly spots can range from $70 to $175. So it’s important you know exactly what you’re looking for before committing to a spot.
To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking.
Keep reading to learn the easiest and best ways to find affordable monthly parking in Milwaukee!
What you’ll find on this page:
- Monthly Parking Map
- Milwaukee Parking Company Directory
- 3 Tips for Finding Discounted Monthly Parking
- Cheapest Monthly Parking by Neighborhood
- Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
- 5 Other Monthly Parking Resources
- BONUS: Motorcycle, Trailer, and RV Parking
Making dozens of calls or walking around to different garages is a major hassle. We suggest finding and booking parking online from the comfort of your home. This interactive map is a great place to start. It lets you compare monthly parking rates and reserve a spot online.
Directory of Milwaukee Parking Operators With Monthly Options
While searching online is the most efficient way to find monthly parking in Milwaukee, you also have the option to call individual companies for quotes. Below is a list companies you can call to discuss monthly parking options.
|Downtown Auto Parking||http://www.downtownautoparking.com/Monthly/Default.aspx||(414) 276-8588|
|One Parking||http://www.oneparking.com/||(561) 833-7222|
|Fast Park & Relax||https://www.thefastpark.com/location/milwaukee/||(414) 481-0155|
|Isaacs Parking||https://isaacsparking.com/||(414) 271-3858|
3 Tips For Scoring Discounts On Milwaukee Monthly Parking
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save over $100 – The higher demand for a parking spot, the more expensive it will be. If you’re willing to park a little further away from your desired location, you can save hundreds of dollars.
For best results, consider lots or garages within a 6 block radius of your destination.
2. Consider what time of day you need parking - Something you may not realize is that there are actually a lot of monthly parking options. Be careful to not overpay for a monthly parking option you don’t really need.
If you commute to the city during the business week, for instance, you could pay a different monthly parking rate than someone who only needs parking on the weekends.
Check out this blog post for a full rundown of your monthly parking options.
3. Book a spot online - To make sure you’re getting the best Milwaukee monthly parking deal, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted. Their location and accessibility are also described online.
Find The Cheapest Milwaukee Monthly Parking by Neighborhood
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable areas in Milwaukee for monthly parking:
- East Town
- Monthly parking ranges from $70-$160
- Historic Third Ward
- Monthly parking ranges from $50-$140
- Monthly parking ranges from $65-$125
Featured Milwaukee Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
If you’re particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth doing a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right.
To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: self parking garages and handicap accessible.
We understand that for some people, driving your own car is important. Especially for a monthly parking spot that you’ll be using for a while.
We did some research and here are 4 garages in Milwaukee that let you park your own car, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|1110 N Cass St.||$174||Book Now|
|233 W Oregon St.||$50||Book Now|
|408 W Florida St.||$75||Book Now|
|505 S 5th St.||$30||Book Now|
It’s kind of surprising that not all parking garages are handicap accessibility in Milwaukee, but unfortunately there are quite a few that aren’t. Make sure to ask your parking operator ahead of time if they are handicap accessible, and don’t assume they are.
FEATURED HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE GARAGE – 408 W Florida St.
Monthly Rate: $75 | Book Now >>
The 5 Best Milwaukee Monthly Parking Resources
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in Milwaukee.
Check them out here:
- SpotHero Milwaukee - Looking for a monthly parking garage in Milwaukee? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in Milwaukee.
- Craigslist Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Yelp - Curious what other people have to say about their Milwaukee monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
- Official Website of the City of Milwaukee – Check out the city’s government website to learn about Milwaukee parking permits,locations, and regulations.
1. Is there a Milwaukee monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in Milwaukee:
- City of Milwaukee launches parking app – ABC
- Parking and recreation: the future of not circling for a spot – The Atlantic
2. What are the average monthly parking rates in Milwaukee?
Rates will vary depending on amenities and location. If you frequent Milwaukee for festivals or work, then monthly parking can be cost effective since it’s the same, flat rate. It can also help you avoid tickets since your car is safely off the street. East Town will cost between $70 and $160, while Westown is a little more affordable, between $65 and $125.
3. Is there reserved parking at General Mitchell Airport?
Yes! Going on a business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some parking companies make it easy to find and reserve parking, often at a discounted rate.
Check out these resources to learn more about reserved parking at Mitchell:
- General Mitchell International Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides
- Official airport parking page – General Mitchell International Airport
4. Where is the cheapest monthly parking in Milwaukee?
According to SpotHero, the cheapest monthly parking spot in Milwaukee is 505 S 5th St. at $30 a month.
5. Where can Milwaukee parking permits be purchased?
Milwaukee offers a mix of street, meter, and garage parking. Unmarked streets are for free parking, though as you can probably imagine, these spots are hard to come by. Some streets have limited parking after hours or on weekends. If you plan to be downtown past 2 a.m., you’ll need a night parking permit, which can be obtained here. Instead of applying a permit to your car, you register and your license plate is used for reference. Winter parking laws must also be followed. Some streets are completely blocked during the winter to allow for snowplows to pass.
Residential parking has several requirements and exceptions depending on the neighborhood. Residents in homes built before 1970 can apply for a residential nonconforming use day pass, which allows street parking at the cost of $10 a year. You can read more about these requirements here.
Some garages will let you store your motorcycle during the winter months, but you will pay the same rate as a car.
A quick Craigslist search can provide some starting points. Make sure you review the terms so you get a heated garage with 24/7 access.
RV / TRAILER PARKING:
There are several RV parks surrounding the city, but parking garages will not accommodate them. You would need to find either an open lot or a storage unit like Life Storage, CubeSmart, and PublicStorage are all good options.