There’s a lot to consider when purchasing monthly parking, from amenities to when you’ll actually need to park your car. Minneapolis monthly spots can range from $55 to $325. So it’s important you know exactly what you’re looking for before committing to a spot.
To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking.
Keep reading to learn the easiest and best ways to find affordable monthly parking in Minneapolis!
What you’ll find on this page:
- Monthly Parking Map
- Minneapolis Parking Company Directory
- 4 Tips for Finding Discounted Monthly Parking
- Cheapest Monthly Parking by Neighborhood
- Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
- 6 Other Monthly Parking Resources
- BONUS: Minneapolis Neighborhood Permit Parking
Making dozens of calls or walking around to different garages is a major hassle. We suggest finding and booking parking online from the comfort of your home. Use SpotHero to compare monthly parking rates and reserve a spot online.
Directory of Minneapolis Parking Operators With Monthly Options
While searching online is the most efficient way to find monthly parking in Minneapolis, you also have the option to call individual companies for quotes. Below is a list companies you can call to discuss monthly parking options.
|Loop Parking Company||http://www.parkingmsp.com/||(612) 333-2293|
|Allied Parking, Inc.||http://www.alliedparkinginc.com/||(612) 332-0391|
|ABC Ramps||http://www.abc-ramps.com/||(612) 343-7275|
|Minneapolis Government Ramps||http://www.minneapolismn.gov/parking/ramps/||(612) 343-7275|
|Downtown Auto Park||http://www.downtownautopark.com/||(612) 808-5101|
|Denison Parking||http://www.denisonparking.com/find-parking/minneapolis||(317) 633-4003|
|Rapid Park||http://www.rapidparkmn.com/||(612) 332-4735|
4 Tips For Scoring Discounts On Minneapolis Monthly Parking
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save over $250 – The higher demand for a parking spot, the more expensive it will be. If you’re willing to park a little further away from your desired location, you can save hundreds of dollars.
For best results, consider lots or garages within a 6 block radius of your destination.
2. Opt for Park & Ride options to save money on downtown parking - MetroTransit offers Park & Ride lots all throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul. Click here to find which lots offer the bus or train services you need.
3. Consider what time of day you need parking - Something you may not realize is that there are actually a lot of monthly parking options. Be careful to not overpay for a monthly parking option you don’t really need.
If you commute to the city during the business week, for instance, you could pay a different monthly parking rate than someone who only needs parking on the weekends.
Check out this blog post for a full rundown of your monthly parking options.
4. Book a spot online - To make sure you’re getting the best Chicago monthly parking deal, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted. Their location and accessibility are also described online.
Find The Cheapest Minneapolis Monthly Parking by Neighborhood
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable areas in Minneapolis for monthly parking:
Featured Minneapolis Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
If you’re particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth doing a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right.
To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: covered parking and month-to-month rental.
It’s no secret Minneapolis winters are extremely cold. If you’re commuting downtown for work every day, you’ll want to avoid being outside as much as possible in the winter. A good way to do that? Find a monthly parking spot that’s indoors.
We did some research and here are 3 garages in Minneapolis that offer covered parking, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|425 Park Ave. S||$135||Book Now|
|32 S 9th St.||$110||Book Now|
|904 2nd Ave. S||$63.59||Book Now|
Not everyone needs monthly parking for the long term, but benefit from it for one or two months. If you’re someone who needs monthly parking for only a month or so, make sure the garage you commit to allows month-to-month options.
FEATURED MONTH-TO-MONTH GARAGE – 32 S 9th St.
Monthly Rate: $110 | Book Now >>
The 8 Best Minneapolis Monthly Parking Resources
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in Minneapolis.
Check them out here:
- SpotHero Minneapolis - Looking for a monthly parking garage in Minneapolis? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- Minneapolis Parking App – The City of Minneapolis recently released a new mobile app to provide on-street parkers with the option to pay from their phone.
- SP+ Parking As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in Minneapolis.
- Craigslist Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- MetroTransit Parking – Commuting from the suburbs? Find a monthly parking spot at a MetroTransit Park & Ride near your home.
- Yelp - Curious what other people have to say about their Chicago monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
1. Is there a Minneapolis monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in Minneapolis:
- Pay-by-phone parking apps catching on in Minneapolis and St. Paul – StarTribune
- How to save money on parking – U.S. News
2. What are the average monthly parking rates in Minneapolis?
Rates will vary depending on where you’re planning to park, whether the spot is indoors or outside, and the length of time you’re parked. Downtown West runs from $85 to $325 while Elliot Park will be a less expensive $55 to $179.
3. Is there long-term parking at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some offsite airport parking companies offer long-term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resources to learn more about long-term parking at MSP:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides
- Minneapolis St. Paul Airport Parking (MSP) – Airport Parking Reservations
4. Where is the cheapest monthly parking in Minneapolis?
According to SpotHero, the cheapest monthly parking spot in Minneapolis is 904 2nd Ave. S at $63.59 a month.
However, if you look closer into this price, you’ll notice that the price is only for nights and weekends. Perfect for someone commuting to the suburbs, but not ideal for someone looking for commuter monthly parking.
Special residential parking options are available depending on your zone. These exempt users from time limits on streets. In Minneapolis, these are known as Critical Parking Permits. They cost $25 per calendar year, though the costs are pro-rated if you should request a pass later in the year. Some area passes expire at different times, so check your residence against this list to see how long your pass is good for. Temporary or visitor passes are available for up to 30 days. Learn more here.
If you are ready to apply for your CPP, you can visit the parking authority in person or apply online. Renewal forms are sent through the mail near the end of the year.
Minneapolis is also rolling out mobile payment options that act like digital meters, except you can extend the time where allowed. Learn more here.