So, you’re looking for monthly parking in Newark? Whether you’re looking to find a better monthly parking spot, or you’re just starting to park in Newark, you need to learn about your options.
Given Newark monthly parking spots average $120, you’ll certainly want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking.
Now let’s get into hacking the Newark monthly parking system.
What you’ll find on this page:
- Monthly Parking Map
- Newark Parking Company Directory
- 4 Tips for Finding Discounted Monthly Parking
- Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
- 5 Other Monthly Parking Resources
- BONUS: Motorcycle and RV Monthly Parking
To avoid making phone calls and walking from garage to garage, the fastest way to find a spot is to book online. Here’s an interactive map that allows you to compare monthly parking rates and reserve a spot online.
If you do prefer the good old fashion method of picking up the phone, here are the companies you can call for a quote near your desired parking location.
|LAZ Parking||https://www.lazparking.com/local/venues/Newark-New-Jersey-US||(212) 265-2239|
|Welcome Parking, LLC||http://www.welcomepark.com/||(201) 680-7129|
|Edison ParkFast||http://www.parkfast.com/newark-public-parking||(888) 727-5327|
|Icon Parking Systems||http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/||(877) 727-5464|
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save up to $260 –
The higher demand for a parking spot, the more expensive it will be. If you’re willing to park a little further away from your desired location, you can save hundreds of dollars.
For best results, consider lots or garages within a 6-block radius of your destination.
If you commute into NYC, consider finding monthly parking in an outer borough and taking public transportation in. Check out this blog post to find out how to save time and money getting to Manhattan.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best Newark monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: month-to-month reservations and valet parking garages.
Not everyone needs monthly parking for the long term, but benefit from it for one or two months. If you’re someone who needs monthly parking for only a month or so, make sure the garage you commit to allows month-to-month options.
We did some research and here are 7 garages in Newark that have month-to-month payment options:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|23 Edison Place||$115||Book Now|
|165 Halsey Street||$150||Book Now|
|111 Mulberry Street||$165||Book Now|
|1160 Raymond Boulevard||$175||Book Now|
|103 Mulberry Street||$150||Book Now|
|42 Mulberry Street||$210||Book Now|
|9 Raymond Place W||$275||Book Now|
Most of the garages in Newark that offer monthly parking are self park only. But if you’re commuting for work every day, we can understand the desire to park as quickly as possible so you can get to work and start your day. A good way to get in and out quickly? Valet parking.
FEATURED VALET PARKING GARAGE –
Monthly Rate: $115 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in Newark. Check them out here:
- SpotHero Newark – Looking for a monthly parking garage in Newark? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in Newark.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Icon Parking – This NYC parking operator has over 200 Manhattan and Newark monthly parking garages to choose from.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their Newark monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
1. What is the average cost of monthly parking in Newark?
These can vary by location and amenities offered. Near Rutgers, parking ranges from $60 to $190, while the Central Business District costs anywhere from $80 to $320. Some lots charge more for specifically reserved spots or indoor parking.
2. Where is the cheapest monthly parking in Newark?
According to BestParking, the cheapest monthly parking spot in Newark is at 61 Bridge Street for $60 a month. However, this spot is outdoor only and far north of the Central Business District, so it’s not a good idea for anyone other than a Rutgers student.
3. Is there discounted monthly parking in Newark?
One trick for finding monthly parking coupons faster would be to search for a Groupon. You can often find coupons for discounted monthly parking offered directly from parking operators and third party providers.
4. Is there long-term parking at Newark Liberty Airport?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some offsite airport parking companies offer long-term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resources to learn more about long-term parking at Newark:
- Newark Liberty International (EWR) Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides
- MOTORCYCLE PARKING:
- There are several options for parking your motorcycle, especially during the winter months.
- Craigslist offers options for paid storage, and many of these are cheaper than lots. If you choose to store your motorcycle, make sure it is climate controlled and allows you 24/7 access.
- RV / TRAILER PARKING: