Typical NYC monthly parking spots average a cost of $400, you’ll certainly want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking.
Now let’s get into hacking the NYC monthly parking system.
What you’ll find on this page:
- Monthly Parking Map
- 4 Tips for Finding Discounted Monthly Parking
- Cheapest Monthly Parking by Neighborhood
- Monthly Parking Garages by Amenity
- 9 Other Monthly Parking Resources
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save up to $300 – Some areas of Manhattan are considerably more expensive for
monthly parking than others. The areas shaded in red on the map to the right will likely be over $400.
Consider looking in a 5-block radius of your ideal location for the best luck at getting a lower rate. And avoid 5th Avenue at all costs!
If you don’t need your car that often, these outer boroughs tend to have cheaper monthly parking options.
Check out this blog post to find out how to save time and money getting to Manhattan if you decide to keep your car in an outer borough.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage.
For example, if you live in Midtown, where many people drive to work, but you only need parking during nights and weekends, you might be able to get a cheaper monthly rate. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best NYC monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the neighborhoods with the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable areas in Manhattan for monthly parking:
- The West side of the Upper West Side, as far from Central Park as possible
- The West side of Lincoln Square
- Midtown – as far from 5th Avenue as possible, on the East or West side
- The West side of Chelsea
- The East side of Murray Hill
- The East side of Gramercy Park
- The far East side of the East Village
- The far East side of the Lower East Side
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: self park garages and EV charging.
If you’re new to NYC, you might not yet know that the majority of garages in the city use valets to park the cars. Many facilities are really tight and underground. We understand that for some people, driving your own car is important. Especially for a monthly parking spot that you’ll be using for a while.
We did some research and here are 14 garages in NYC that let you park your own car, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|224 W 14th Street||$600||Book Now|
|309 W 14th Street||$600||Book Now|
|173 W 12th Street||$600||Book Now|
|101 Park Avenue||$1000||Book Now|
|97 Charles Street||$600||Book Now|
|247 W 46th Street||$800||Book Now|
|246 E 45th Street||$425||Book Now|
|300 E 48th Street||$400||Book Now|
|338-342 E 59th Street||$425||Book Now|
|360 E 65th Street||$550||Book Now|
|300 E 77th Street||$350||Book Now|
|68 E 80th Street||$700||Book Now|
|315 E 102nd Street||$325||Book Now|
|30-16 80th Street||$150||Book Now|
These can be hard to come by. But as electric cars become more popular, garages will have to adapt to make sure they can serve the increasing need. Make sure to ask your parking operator ahead of time if they have EV charging, and don’t assume they will.
FEATURED EV CHARGING GARAGE – 143 W 40th Street
Monthly Rate: $600 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in NYC. Check them out here:
- SpotHero NYC – Looking for a monthly parking garage in NYC? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- NYC Parking Authority – Find out how to get the cheapest NYC monthly parking deals on this site dedicated to parking in the city.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in NYC.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Icon Parking – This NYC parking operator has over 200 Manhattan monthly parking garages to choose from.
- Park It! – Another NYC parking operator that offers their own guide for finding the best monthly parking deals.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their NYC monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
- The Secret To Cheap And Safe Parking For A Tourist In New York City – A blog post with some tips to share with visitors.
1. Is there a NYC monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in NYC:
- Mobile parking apps find a spot in NYC – Crain’s New York
- How to find the NYC parking app that’s right for you – NYC Parking Authority
- Parking Help, Pocket-Size – New York Times
2. What is the average cost of monthly parking in NYC?
NYC Parking Authority writes that the average cost of NYC monthly parking is around $430. However, we hope our tips can help you save some money!
3. Are there NYC monthly parking coupons?
Many NYC parking operators offer coupons for daily or short-term parking, but monthly coupons might be harder to find. See this guide to learn how to find cheap NYC parking coupons online.
BONUS TIP – NYC Monthly Parking Groupons
One trick for finding monthly parking coupons faster would be to search for a Groupon. You can often find coupons for discounted monthly parking offered directly from parking operators and third party providers.