There’s a lot to consider when purchasing monthly parking, from amenities to when you’ll actually need to park your car. Chicago monthly spots can range from $30 to $510. So it’s important you know exactly what you’re looking for before committing to a spot.
To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking.
Keep reading to learn the easiest and best ways to find affordable monthly parking in Chicago!
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the neighborhoods with the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable parking facilities in each Chicago neighborhood:
|Neighborhood||Monthly Parking Rate||Online Reservations?||Address|
|The Loop||$110||Book Now!||Aon Center Parking Garage|
|River North||$95||Book Now!||Mart Parc Wells Garage|
|Magnificent Mile||$185||Book Now!||State & Chestnut Garage|
|Old Town||$200||Book Now!||Old Town Chicago Apartments Garage|
|Gold Coast||$135||Book Now!||1221 N State Pkwy.|
|Lincoln Park||$140||Book Now!||Alcott School Lot|
|Lakeview||$99||Book Now!||3730-40 N Lake Shore Dr.|
|West Loop||$220||Book Now!||650 W Fulton Market|
|Wicker Park||$100||Book Now!||1249 N Wolcott Ave.|
|South Loop||$175||Book Now!||1255 S Michigan Ave|
|The Loop – Commuter||$218||Book Now!||Millennium Park Garage|
While searching online is the most efficient way to find monthly parking in Chicago, you also have the option to call individual companies for quotes. Below is a list companies you can call to discuss monthly parking options.
|Pioneer Parking Inc.||http://pioneerparkinginc.com/||(312) 664-3700|
|LAZ Parking||https://www.lazparking.com/||(312) 577-7985|
|7th St Garage||http://www.seventhstreetgarage.com/||(312) 648-9770|
|Hunter Parking Inc.||http://www.hunterparking.com/||(312) 264-6019|
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save over $200 – The higher demand for a parking spot, the more expensive it will be. If you’re willing to park a little further away from your desired location, you can save hundreds of dollars.
For best results, consider lots or garages within a 6 block radius of your destination.
2. Park near an El station and take the train downtown - Chicago has a great public transit system, the CTA. If you’re looking to save big on monthly parking, we suggest parking outside of downtown near the train.
Chicago neighborhoods with convenient El parking include:
3. Consider what time of day you need parking - Something you may not realize is that there are actually a lot of monthly parking options. Be careful to not overpay for a monthly parking option you don’t really need.
If you commute to the city during the business week, for instance, you could pay a different monthly parking rate than someone who only needs parking on the weekends.
Check out this blog post for a full rundown of your monthly parking options.
4. Book a spot online - To make sure you’re getting the best Chicago monthly parking deal, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted. Their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you’re particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth doing a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right.
To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: valet parking garages and handicap accessible.
Most of the garages in Chicago that offer monthly parking are self park only. But if you’re commuting downtown for work every day, we can understand the desire to park as quickly as possible so you can get to work and start your day. A good way to get in and out quickly? Valet parking.
We did some research and here are 16 garages in Chicago that offer valet service, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|183 W Monroe St.||$337||Book Now|
|111 N Wabash||$280||Book Now|
|300 N State St.||$275||Book Now|
|Millennium Park Plaza||$109||Book Now|
|163 N Canal St.||$315||Book Now|
|425 S Wells St.||$320||Book Now|
|545 W Quincy St.||$280||Book Now|
|777 N Michigan Ave.||$199||Book Now|
|806 N Rush St.||$250||Book Now|
|1130 S Michigan Ave.||$290||Book Now|
|132 E Delaware Pl||$510||Book Now|
|1005 N State St.||$220||Book Now|
|261 E Chestnut||$375||Book Now|
|201 E Walton St.||$325||Book Now|
|60 E Banks St.||$250||Book Now|
It’s kind of surprising that not all parking garages are handicap accessibility in Chicago, but unfortunately, there are quite a few that aren’t. Make sure to ask your parking operator ahead of time if they are handicap accessible, and don’t assume they are.
FEATURED HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE GARAGE – 117 N Wells St.
Monthly Rate: $360 | Book Now
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in Chicago.
Check them out here:
- SpotHero Chicago - Looking for a monthly parking garage in Chicago? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in Chicago.
- Craigslist Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Metra Parking – Commuting from the suburbs? Find a monthly parking spot at a Metra station near your home.
- Yelp - Curious what other people have to say about their Chicago monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
- Cheap Monthly Loop and Downtown Chicago Parking - A blog post with some tips to find cheap monthly parking downtown.
1. Is there a Chicago monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in Chicago:
2. What are the average monthly parking rates in Chicago?
Depending on where you’re parking your car, the rates will vary. Near the Loop you can get monthly parking from $190-$425. If you want a heated garage rather than an outdoor lot, you will have to pay extra.
If you’re looking north of the city, in Lincoln Park, for example, the rates are a bit cheaper at $180-$289.
3. Is there long-term parking at O’Hare Airport?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some airport parking companies offer long term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resources to learn more about long-term parking at O’Hare:
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides
If you’re a commuter looking for the cheapest price near The Loop – check out 1220 S Jefferson St. Lot, with monthly rate starting at $80!