So, you’re looking for monthly parking in Los Angeles? Whether you’re looking to find a better monthly parking spot, or you’re just starting to park in the city, you need to learn about your options.
Given LA monthly parking spots average $200 per month, you’ll certainly want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking. Now let’s get into hacking the LA monthly parking system.
Avoid making phone calls and walking from garage to garage. Use SpotHero to compare parking locations and book a space online.
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the neighborhoods with the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable parking facilities in each Los Angeles neighborhood:
|Neighborhood||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link||Address|
|Financial District||$190||Book Now!||975 Francisco St|
|Bunker Hill||$220||Book Now!||445 S Figueroa St|
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save up to $300 – Some areas of Los Angeles are considerably more expensive for monthly parking than others. Consider looking in a 5-block radius of your ideal location for the best luck at getting a lower rate.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage.
For example, if you live in the Financial District, where many people drive to work, but you only need parking during nights and weekends, you might be able to get a cheaper monthly rate. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best Los Angeles monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: self park garages and handicap accessible.
If you’re new to Los Angeles, you might not yet know that a lot of garages and lots in the city use valets to park the cars. We understand that for some people, driving your own car is important. Especially for a monthly parking spot that you’ll be using for a while.
We did some research and here are 4 garages in LA that let you park your own car, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|201 South Figueroa Street||$189||Book Now|
|737 North Broadway||$60||Book Now|
|1777 North Broadway||$60||Book Now|
|6636 Selma Avenue||$90||Book Now|
It’s kind of surprising that not all parking garages are handicap accessibility in Los Angeles, but unfortunately there are quite a few that aren’t. Make sure to ask your parking operator ahead of time if they are handicap accessible, and don’t assume they are.
FEATURED EV CHARGING GARAGE – 465 South Flower Street
Monthly Rate: $200 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in LA. Check them out here:
- SpotHero LA – Looking for a monthly parking garage in LA? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in LA.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their LA monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
If you do prefer the good old fashion method of picking up the phone, here are the companies you can call for a quote near your desired parking location.
|Jose Auto Parks||http://joesautoparks.com/monthly-parking/||(855) 388-3496|
|Ace Parking||http://www.aceparking.com/||(619) 233-6624|
|LAZ Parking||https://www.lazparking.com/||(860) 522-7641|
|Paragon Parking||http://paragonparkingla.com/||(213) 689-4818|
|Unified Parking Service, Inc.||http://www.unifiedparking.com/||(213) 761-6028|
1. Is there a Los Angeles monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in LA:
- Where and how to park at west L.A.’s 3 New Expo Train Stations – LA West Media
- LA City Counsil considers parking app – My News LA
- 6 parking apps that save you time and money – Forbes
2. What is the average cost of monthly parking in Los Angeles?
Depending on where you’re parking your car, the rates will vary. Near the Financial District you can get monthly parking for around $200.
If you’re looking west of downtown, in West Los Angeles for example, the rates are a bit cheaper at $60-$120.
3. Are there LA monthly parking coupons?
One trick for finding monthly parking coupons faster would be to search for a Groupon. You can often find coupons for discounted monthly parking offered directly from parking operators and third party providers.
4. Is there long-term parking at LAX?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some offsite airport parking companies offer long term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resources to learn about long-term parking at LAX:
- LAX Monthly Parking – SP+
- The best monthly parking at LAX – Yelp
- Los Angeles International (LAX) Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides