Looking for monthly parking in New Orleans, but unsure where to start? Whether you’re looking to find a better monthly parking spot, or you’re just starting to park in the city, you need to learn about your options.
New Orleans monthly parking spots average $185, so you’ll want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking. Now let’s get into hacking the New Orleans monthly parking system.
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the best monthly parking options in NOLA’s Central Business District.
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|222 Loyola Avenue||$150||Book Now!|
|650 O’Keefe Avenue||$185||Book Now!|
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save over $25o – Some areas of New Orleans are considerably more expensive for monthly parking than others.
Consider looking in a 5-block radius of your ideal location for the best luck at getting a lower rate. The closer you get to popular areas in New Orleans, like the French Quarter, the more expensive it can be.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage.
For example, if you live in the Central Business District, where many people drive to work, but you only need parking during nights and weekends, you might be able to get a cheaper monthly rate. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best New Orleans monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
A Residential Parking Permit allows residents to park on busy streets and restricted areas. The total fee for the permit is $55, though part of that is waived if you are a senior. To apply for a permit, you must have the required documentation and go to the RPP Office.
Meters and limited parking signs must be adhered to at all times. To learn more about New Orleans’ parking options, go here.
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address an important amenity below: month-to-month rentals.
New Orleans Monthly Parking Garage With Month-to-Month Reservations
If you’re looking for a monthly spot you can pay month-to-month rather than committing to multiple months at once, it can be a bit trickier. This is especially true for those who will only be working in New Orleans for a couple months, or if you simply don’t want to commit to one spot long-term.
FEATURED VALET GARAGE – 222 Loyola Ave.
Monthly Rate: $150 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in New Orleans. Check them out here:
- SpotHero New Orleans – Looking for a monthly parking garage in New Orleans? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in New Orleans.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Parkopedia – The interactive map on this site will provide you with monthly parking information.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their New Orleans monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
If you do prefer the good old fashion method of picking up the phone, here are the companies you can call for a quote near your desired parking location.
|Premium Parking||https://www.premiumparking.com/||(504) 565-5546|
|Go Park||http://www.go-parking.com/||(504) 599-5932|
|Distinctive Parking||http://www.distinctiveparking.com/||(504) 324-3500|
|Park First LLC||http://www.parkfirstllc.com/||(504) 525-9017|
1. What is the average cost of monthly parking in New Orleans?
Parking rates will vary depending on location, time of year/special events, and amenities offered. Parking in the French Quarter runs from $140 t0 $300, while parking in the Warehouse District costs between $75 to $260.
2. Where is the cheapest monthly parking in New Orleans?
According to BestParking, the cheapest monthly parking spot in New Orleans is at 966 Howard Ave for $75 a month. This spot has 24-hour parking and is located outdoors. It is the southmost parking spot in the area though, so it puts you farther away from everything else in the city.
3. Is there long-term parking at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some offsite airport parking companies offer long term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resource to learn more about long-term parking at MSY:
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International (MSY) Airport Parking Guide – Airport Parking Guides
- MOTORCYCLE PARKING:
- Because of the desire to preserve atmosphere, it can be difficult to find motorcycle parking in New Orleans, especially in the French Quarter. Some hotels offer limited motorcycle parking, so if you’re coming from out of town, secure a place in advance.
- RV / TRAILER PARKING: