So, you’re looking for monthly parking in New York City? Whether you’re looking to find a better monthly parking spot, or you’re just starting to park in the city, you need to learn about your options.
Given NYC monthly parking spots average $570, you’ll certainly want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking. Now let’s get into hacking the NYC monthly parking system.
Compare NYC Monthly Parking Options with SpotHero and book a perfect space online!
If you’re short on time and don’t want to call around, we’ve highlighted the neighborhoods with the best rates available for booking online.
Here are the most affordable parking facilities in each Manhattan neighborhood:
|Neighborhood||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link||Address|
|West Village||$528||Book Now!||20 Morton St. – Valet Garage|
|Midtown||$425||Book Now!||67th W 43rd St. – Valet Garage|
|Hell’s Kitchen||$350||Book Now!||332 W 44th St. – Valet Garage|
|Upper West Side||$450||Book Now!||205 W 101st St. – Valet Garage|
|Upper East Side||$450||Book Now!||345 E 81st St.|
|Murray Hill||$400||Book Now!||250 E 39th St. – Valet Garage|
|Lower East Side||$549||Book Now!||59 Allen St. – Valet Garage|
|Chelsea||$405||Book Now!||320 W 30th St. – Valet|
|Lower Manhattan||$525||Book Now!||174 Centre St. – Valet Lot|
|Financial District||$450||Book Now!||1 West St. (17 Battery Pl.) – Valet|
|Harlem||$199||Book Now!||545 E 116th St. – Garage|
4 Tips For Scoring Discounts On NYC Monthly Parking
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save up to $300 – Some areas of Manhattan are considerably more expensive for
monthly parking than others. The areas shaded in red on the map to the right will likely be over $400.
Consider looking in a 5-block radius of your ideal location for the best luck at getting a lower rate. And avoid 5th Avenue at all costs!
If you don’t need your car that often, these outer boroughs tend to have cheaper monthly parking options.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage.
For example, if you live in Midtown, where many people drive to work, but you only need parking during nights and weekends, you might be able to get a cheaper monthly rate. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best NYC monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you do prefer the good old fashion method of picking up the phone, here are the companies you can call for a quote near your desired parking location.
|SP+||http://parking.com/nyc||(800) 836 – 6666|
|Champion Parking||http://www.championparking.com/||(212) 308-5959|
|GGMC Parking||http://www.ggmcparking.com/||(212) 996-6363|
|Garage Management Company||http://www.gmcparking.com/||(212) 888-7400|
|Icon Parking Systems||http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/||(877) 727-5464|
|Imperial Parking Systems Inc||http://ipark.com/||(855) 472-7569|
|ParkIt Management||http://parkitny.com/||(212) 929-9404|
|Quik Park||http://www.quikparkgarages.com/||(212) 832-5372|
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address two important amenities below: self park garages and EV charging.
If you’re new to NYC, you might not yet know that the majority of garages in the city use valets to park the cars. Many facilities are really tight and underground. We understand that for some people, driving your own car is important. Especially for a monthly parking spot that you’ll be using for a while.
We did some research and here are 14 garages in NYC that let you park your own car, and have monthly parking:
|Address||Monthly Parking Rate||Reservation Link|
|50 W 44th St.||$425||Book Now|
|67th W 43rd St.||$425||Book Now|
|31 W 52nd St.||$807||Book Now|
|102 W 39th St.||$695||Book Now|
|150 W 38th St.||$550||Book Now|
|411 W 55th St.||$400||Book Now|
|355 W 34th St.||$800||Book Now|
|212 East 44th St.||$550||Book Now|
|213 E 43rd St.||$550||Book Now|
|110 E 57th St.||$625||Book Now|
|345 W 58th St.||$807||Book Now|
|107 W 31st St.||$500||Book Now|
|155 E 55th St.||$499||Book Now|
|9 W 31st St.||$575||Book Now|
These can be hard to come by. But as electric cars become more popular, garages will have to adapt to make sure they can serve the increasing need. Make sure to ask your parking operator ahead of time if they have EV charging, and don’t assume they will.
FEATURED EV CHARGING GARAGE – 67 W 43rd St.
Monthly Rate: $425 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in NYC. Check them out here:
- SpotHero NYC – Looking for a monthly parking garage in NYC? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in NYC.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look
- Icon Parking – This NYC parking operator has over 200 Manhattan monthly parking garages to choose from.
- Park It! – Another NYC parking operator that offers their own guide for finding the best monthly parking deals.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their NYC monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
1. Is there a NYC monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in NYC:
- Mobile parking apps find a spot in NYC – Crain’s New York
- How to find the NYC parking app that’s right for you – NYC Parking Authority
- Parking Help, Pocket-Size – New York Times
2. What is the average cost of monthly parking in NYC?
SpotHero reports that the average monthly parking rate in NYC is $570.
BONUS TIP – NYC Monthly Parking Groupons
One trick for finding monthly parking coupons faster would be to search for a Groupon. You can often find coupons for discounted monthly parking offered directly from parking operators and third party providers.
If you just moved to NYC and have multiple cars, here’s what you need to know. Most people don’t drive within the city – public transportation is really good – so you probably only need one accessible car per household, for road trips and other rare occasions.
Wondering what to do with that extra car?
- Sell it 🙂
- Store it with friends or family outside the city. People really do this!
- Instead of monthly parking, look into garages that offer car storage. You’ll know your car is in a safe and secure location, and it’s a lot more affordable than a full-access monthly parking spot.
Monthly Car Storage Resources
Many parking operators in NYC offer a car storage option that gives you limited access to your car for a MUCH cheaper rates. Here are some resources to check out: