Looking for monthly parking in Oakland, but unsure where to start? Whether you’re looking to find a better monthly parking spot, or you’re just starting to park in the city, you need to learn about your options.
Oakland monthly parking spots average $145, so you’ll want to do some research before you commit. To help you get started, we’ve created a step by step guide to finding monthly parking. Now let’s get into hacking the Oakland monthly parking system.
If you do prefer the good old fashion method of picking up the phone, here are the companies you can call for a quote near your desired parking location.
|Douglas Parking||http://www.douglasparking.com/||(800) 877-9984|
|Diamond Parking Service||http://www.diamondparking.com/||(510) 325-7020|
|LAZ Parking||https://www.lazparking.com/local/venues/Oakland-California-US||(415) 986-4800|
|California Parking Company||http://californiaparking.com/monthly-parking.shtml||(415) 468-4860|
|Ace Parking||http://www.aceparking.com/||(510) 569-0101|
|CityPark||http://www.sfparkinginc.com/page.php||1 (877) 909-6199|
|Montclair Village Parking Garage||http://montclairvillage.com/business/montclair-parking-garage/|
Before you get started, here’s some background information if you’re looking to save money.
1. Be flexible about location to save over $150 – Some areas of Oakland are considerably more expensive for monthly parking than others.
Consider looking in a 5-block radius of your ideal location for the best luck at getting a lower rate. The closer you get to downtown Oakland, the more expensive it will be.
2. Don’t pay for more access than you need – If you don’t use your car every day, don’t pay for a monthly parking spot with unlimited ‘in and out’ access. There are usually different rates for different access levels. Ask your parking provider about discounts for infrequent use. We recommend negotiating here.
3. Ask about timing discounts – If your parking needs are the opposite of most people in the area, you might be able to get a discount from the garage.
For example, if you live downtown, where many people drive to work, but you only need parking during nights and weekends, you might be able to get a cheaper monthly rate. It never hurts to ask!
4. Book a spot online – To make sure you’re getting the best Oakland monthly parking deal and saving time, we recommend comparing your options with an online parking service. Many of the spots listed online are already discounted, and their location and accessibility are also described online.
If you are particular about certain amenities for your monthly parking spot, it’s worth putting in a bit of extra research to make sure you get it right. To make it easier for you, we address an important amenity below: month-to-month rentals.
If you’re looking for a monthly spot you can pay month-to-month rather than committing to multiple months at once, it can be a bit trickier. This is especially true for those who will only be working in Oakland for a couple months, or if you simply don’t want to commit to one spot long-term.
FEATURED MONTH-TO-MONTH PAYMENT GARAGE – 525 14th Street
Monthly Rate: $220 | Book Now >>
To save you some time, we made a list of our favorite resources for finding monthly parking deals in Oakland. Check them out here:
- SpotHero Oakland – Looking for a monthly parking garage in Oakland? Compare options and book a spot on this online platform.
- SP+ Parking – As one of the largest national parking companies, SP+ has plenty of monthly parking options in Oakland.
- Craigslist – Individuals and parking companies alike will list monthly parking spots on Craigslist. Take a look.
- Parkopedia – The interactive map on this site will provide you with monthly parking information.
- Yelp – Curious what other people have to say about their Oakland monthly parking garages? Read some Yelp reviews here.
1. Is there an Oakland monthly parking app?
Try the following resources to learn more about parking apps in Oakland:
- On demand parking leader SpotHero expands to Oakland and East Bay – Business Wire
- Technology could help solve San Francisco parking woes – ABC 7 News
2. What is the average cost of monthly parking in Oakland?
Depending on where you want to park, rates can vary. Downtown Oakland is the most expensive, with monthly parking ranging $100 to $225.
Parking near the waterfront is a bit cheaper, running from $70 to $85. Some parking garages also provide reserved spots in the same location for an additional cost.
3. Where is the cheapest monthly parking in Oakland?
According to BestParking, the cheapest monthly spot in Oakland is at Jack London Square at 255 1st. Street at $70 a month. However, this garage is a 20-minute walk to downtown.
4. Is there long-term parking at Oakland International Airport?
Yes! Going on a long business trip or vacation and need somewhere safe to store your car? Some offsite airport parking companies offer long term parking for that very reason.
Check out these resources to learn more about long-term parking at OAK: